Careers At Southgate Health Care Center
Are you ready for new challenges and new opportunities?
Join our team!
Current job opportunities are posted here as they become available.
Lakeland Health Care Center
Haskell, New Jersey
LPN - Full-time, Part-time, Per Diem
WHO WE ARE:
Lakeland Health Care Center is a privately-owned 195-bed skilled nursing care center located in Passaic County, New Jersey. We at Lakeland take pride in presenting a safe, friendly and nurturing home and in offering the highest quality nursing and clinical care. At Lakeland, residents, families, staff and volunteers all collaborate to create an environment that encourages individuality, personal choice and self-determination.
The LPN is responsible to perform duties such as, but not limited to, those outlined below; renders nursing care to residents within the assigned nursing district/unit, in support of medical care, pursuant to the objectives and policies of this facility; exercises good judgment and respects confidential matters; works effectively with others to ensure that Quality of Care and Quality of Life for each resident is delivered in compliance with Federal, State and local requirements. The LPN performs nursing functions and techniques for the comfort and well being of the residents.
· Consistently demonstrates clinical competency and knowledge consistent with contemporary standards of practice for the Licensed Practical Nurse.
· Performs nursing services, which includes vital signs, and the administration of all medications and treatments as ordered, and in accordance with accepted standards of clinical practice.
· Evaluates the immediate needs of residents on admission and daily and communicates the results of this evaluation to the Clinical Coordinator (or designee) and in accordance with facility policy.
· Readily communicates with Clinical Coordinator to report any unusual observations, emergency care, family concerns, or any changes that affect the quality of resident care.
· Participates in the management of the Resident Assessment Instrument by collecting data during the seven-day observation period and communicates these observations to the MDS Coordinator and the interdisciplinary team in a timely manner and in accordance with facility policy.
· Communicates and instructs or performs, as necessary, activities of daily living, restorative, and rehabilitative nursing, as outlined in the residents’ care plans.
· Communicates with resident, family, peers, and ancillary staff to promote quality care.
· Provides for the emotional support of the residents, as indicated, by recognizing, understanding, and respecting their psychosocial, cultural, religious, and economic needs.
· Assigns/directs nursing assistants, on a daily basis, to specific jobs related to the resident’s individualized plan to ensure quality resident services (ie. preparation of residents for specific activities, restorative ambulation/passive range of motion exercises, and distribution of nourishments and fluids) according to facility policy and LPN licensure standards.
· Accounts for controlled substances and needles and syringes according to facility policy and State law.
· Attends staff meetings and in-house inservice programs, as designated, as well as other educational programs to maintain knowledge of current professional nursing practices.
Must possess current valid LPN license in the State of New Jersey.
Must have 1 year of LPN experience
Long-Term Care experience preferred
Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Must be able to calculate medication dosages and demonstrate sound judgment during emergency situations.